When I began this segment of my blog I planned to write another addition every Saturday, but alas, two Saturdays have come and gone and no new blog postings. Due to unforeseen circumstances, such as my memory occasionally vanishing and well…just life, two weeks have slipped by with nary a word from me into the blogosphere. However, unfortunate this tragedy is I am striving to make it up to you, my dear reader, by doubling this edition of Blessing of Life. I invite you to partake and enjoy.
1. The BAXTERS! Nick and Amy are constantly blessing me, but in this particular instance they selflessly gave Matt their extra car to drive around WA so that I could have our car down with me at school!!!!!
2. Garen Edgar made me lemon meringue pie for my goodbye party and it was delicious and I felt so special that one of my students took the time to make me their specialty.
3. 3 Days of nothing! After weeks of craziness Matt and I found ourselves with three days in which we had absolutely nothing to do!!!!!! It was rather wonderful.
4. Juan Molina is one of our students and he blessed me by being absolutely wonderful during lake day and playing with the younger kids when he was waiting his turn on the boat.
5. Galen Davis, is one of our leaders and is one of the most encouraging and happy-making men of God you will ever meet. He gave his testimony to the students and hit it out of the park! I was blessed by his honesty and his willingness to step out of his comfort zone and impact student’s lives.
6. SEEEATTTLLLEEE SOOOUUNNNNDEERRSSS! Imagine that phrase drawn out loud and long and you have the amazing crowd at my first Seattle Sounders MLS soccer game. It was so much fun and a wonderful way to celebrate the end of my biology class.
7. I’m done with biology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. I somehow aced biology although I didn’t have much time to put into it and felt I didn’t understand half of it…all you on that one God…as it always and rightfully is.
9. Liz Davis and I went to the late night showing off the movie, The Last Airbender, and yes, it was corny and cheesy and absolutely wonderful because it was so awful. It was just nice to have some girl time with a new friend.
10. God provided and my parents have booked their tickets to come out for my graduation ceremony in Jan. Plus, they are staying for three weeks!!!!!
11. VACATION. Matt and I had a 5 day vacation and we were able to just rest…no visits to friends, no running around going lots of places, only a much needed and welcomed rest.
12. Mom Anderson blessed me with a beautiful new school bag, from Vera Bradley, of course, as well as two other totes from her store…she knows I love a good tote. She spoils me and I appreciate it greatly.
13. Dad Anderson makes the most fantastic breakfasts and is a splendid short order cook of eggs, among other things, and make some pretty scrumptious mickey mouse waffles as well. He blessed me by wanting to make Matt and I a family breakfast during vacation.
14. Mom and Dad A. and their generous generosity, advice and love!
15. My dad for being willing to take 2 1/2 days to fly from Guam to Paupa New Guinea, when it really shouldn’t take that long, in order to open the door for Micronesian bible students to be able to go there as missionaries. He amazes me.
16. My mom for her constant support and encouragement and skype chats whenever I need one.
17. Dave Lawson, for pouring into me this summer and helping me see how God has moved in my life to place me in the position of leadership that I am in and that I am not there just because I have some skill, but because it is where I am meant to be…I am a leader and not just because there’s no one else.
18. My husband, for standing by my side for an hour and a half while I dug through bins at the Goodwill Outlet Store and never complaining..
19. My husband, for letting me read stories to him and enjoying it so much he asks for more. I love being able to share my love of a good read with him.
20. My husband (if you don’t get it by now my husband is a gift from God who might drive me crazy but loves me wholly and I adore him) for supporting me, challenging me and believing in me.
How many ways has God blessed you these last two weeks?